Series 2 Episode 6
In this episode I talk to the fantastic Dr Lucy Russell, Clinical Psychologist and specialist in children and adolescents about teenage mental health. A real insight into the inner workings of the teenage brain and behaviour!
- The impact of the Covid 19 Pandemic on teenager’s emotional and physical wellbeing
- Knowing your child and what’s underneath the ‘everyday’ presentation
- The importance of diet and exercise for mental wellbeing
- The importance of sleep and the “bedtime runway”
- How to spend time with your teenager through “micro moments”
- Informal support at home and more formal support options for teenage mental health.
Find Dr Lucy:
Everlief Child Psychology:
Parent support website:
Facebook Group -parent tips for positive mental health
The Adversity Psychologist Podcast sessions do not constitute any kind of formal clinical support. If you require support with your emotional health or are in crisis then please refer to the details below:
Connect with me www.drtara.co.uk
If you are enjoying the podcast it would be great if you can subscribe, share rate and review the episodes. It helps us reach more people with our narratives of adversity.
Thank you for listening to The Adversity Psychologist Podcast.