In March 2020 I started an online support forum for helping local people enhance their emotional health during the Coronavirus Pandemic. I wanted to give something back to the community through my clinical experience to help people manage as best they can with the emotional aspects of a pandemic. The group us still going strong 2 years later as we continue to navigate the ever changing situation. It contains support tools and strategies for anxiety, difficult worrying thoughts, mindfulness and self compassion.
This group can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/649703395763956/
It is important to share some group rules to ensure that the page meets its intended goals:
- This is a page for sharing GENERAL ideas and information in relation to emotional wellbeing.
- It is not intended to be a source of crisis support for mental health. Please contact mental health crisis support services if you require such support (111, A&E or your GP). I am in no way accountable for content posted on this page in respect to emotional wellbeing or crisis situations.
- Posts will be monitored and removed if deemed necessary.
- Please no updates on information about coronavirus (strictly NO media updates please) or supporting people with logistics of self isolation such as food and medicine. There are other groups developed for this.
- Please do not direct message about individual support requirements. Many of you will be aware
- that I run a local psychology practice. This group is for information only and not for individual referrals.
- Be kind, no judgements or criticisms please.
- I do work so please bear with me on approving posts, members etc. 🤗
Thank you for helping this group run smoothly.